Monday, November 29, 2010

Lifestyle Tip: Italian Cooking

The thought of Italy...ah. My heritage is Italian, Irish and Native American though I identify with the Italian culture very strongly. I have been to Italy several times and each time I go I dream of never returning. I love the people, the architecture, the history and most of all, the food.

When I have Italian food in the U.S. I am often disappointed and I have discovered why- the GARLIC!!! Italians are lovers. They love romance, passion and kisses. They do not (for the most part) eat garlic! Rather, their cuisine is flavored with garlic. Much different!

When cooking Italian food, cut your garlic cloves in half, gently saute them in olive oil over a low heat. As soon as your garlic begins to sizzle (don't let it turn even the slightest shade of brown, throw it out. Yes, toss your garlic in the garbage. You will be left with a flavorful oil that won't compromise your breath. That's Italian. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment